Saturday, July 20, 2019

WORKSHOP: Make an arty apron with Corrine Gilman, September 17



 Full fun ahead Tuesday, September 17th, 5:30 to 8 pm, with Corrine Gilman at Art Up Front
Street.
Paint, stamp, stencil and draw with markers to make a whimsical arty apron.
No rules... except to have fun.
Experiment and be playful! Beginners welcome.

~ Learn simple techniques for stamping and mono-printing using things from around the house.
~ Make your own foam stamps to use and take home.
~ ALL MATERIALS (and apron) INCLUDED.

What to bring:
Wear old clothes and bring rubber gloves to protect your hands from
paints and ink.
Cost:
$50.00

Sign up:
Adults
Please, sign up by email to artupfrontstreet@gmail.com.
Limited to 8 students.

About the instructor:
Corrine Gilman is a mixed media textile artist with a studio at Art Up Front Street.
She uses recycled materials in her work whenever possible and
incorporates fabric dyeing, printing, painting, and abstract stitching.

"Stitching by hand is a meditative activity for me and I feel that if
I put good into my work, then I put good into the world."
Her work is her joy and it feeds her soul. "I approach every day as a creative eye
opener and try to notice the world around me.... then let it inform my
work and bring the intuitive to the stitch."
Corrine's work takes many forms. Her art story dolls, above, are often created from her dreams which then
lead to their personalities being expressed through "the stitch".
Whimsy, color and humor are big parts of her creations. 

Don't miss this first-time workshop with Corrine... especially if whimsy is your thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for writing! I will get back to you shortly. Happy Arting!